You can adjust WordPress settings as follows:
- You can set Site Title in Settings > General.
- You can set Blog pages to show at most in Settings > Reading.
- You can select Front Page and Posts Page in Settings > Reading.
- You can set Discussion settings in Settings > Discussion.
- You can change image sizes in Settings > Media.
- You should ensure that a non-default permalnk setting is selected, e.g. Post name in Settings > Permalinks.
Step 1: Navigate to Posts in your WordPress admin sidebar.
Step 2: Click on the Add New option to make a new post. Create a title, and insert your post content in the editing field.
Step 3: Select the Post Format from the right side.
Step 4: Add categories from the right side. To assign it to the post, check the box next to the category name.
Step 5: Add tags from the right side. Type the name of the tag in the field, separate multiple tags with commas.
Step 6: you can add featured image. To do so, first click the featured image box, select an image and click the set featured image button.
Step 7: For a video post or an audio post, paste the iFrame embed or link from either Youtube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc. Note: activate shortcode embeds (Jetpack).
Posts with video post-format are shown in the video section (before footer) of the homepage.
New pages can be added by clicking pages on admin dashboard and can be assigned to various templates on the right side.
Page templates available:
Homepage: Homepage template of the theme.
Default Template: Default template with right sidebar.
Blog: Blog template.
Contact Us Template: Contact us template for contact page.
Page with left sidebar: Page template with left sidebar.
Page with no sidebar: Page template with no sidebar i.e. full width page.
Page with right sidebar: Page template with right sidebar